My 2019 At-Home Workout Essentials
Lately, I have been spending a lot of time in Springville working (and working out) at home. Since my honey and I are trying to reduce our carbon footprint, we only have one car and it has been a real adjustment.
I am one of those people that just has to workout. If I don’t, I am super grouchy, have lower self-esteem and just feel icky. No bueno. The first few weeks were a bit rough. It was too cold and snowy to go outside, and my gym is miles away. At first, I was like “OHMYGOD…how am I going to workout? I miss the gym…I miss my spin class and my reformer.” But then, after I took a few deep breaths, I realized that a majority of my own personal workout routines can be done anywhere!
It took some getting used to because I am such a gym and outdoor kind of person, but with the right playlist I was sweating in no time! Today, I am sharing a peek into my at-home workout bag. It has all of the essentials to help you have a killer workout at home, on vacation, on a work trip and more!
- Yellow Willow Yoga Mat – I love this mat because it is perfect for all kinds of yoga, from vinyasa flow to bikrim. The texture of the mat is non-slip, similar to the yoga towels I used to use, so now instead of having to lug an extra towel which I have to wash, I just use this. I also love that the mat is bio-degradable!
- Peach Bands + Discs – I love resistance bands because the are super transportable, and they can give you one heck of a workout! There are all sorts of YouTube videos for full body workouts which helps me keep things from getting boring.
- Smart Watch – I don’t know why, but getting little reminders throughout the day to breathe and stand up, really helps. I get so glued to my computer that I lose track of time. A smart watch is also a great way to gauge my activity level, so I can track my progress towards my goals.
- Shaker Bottle – I love protein shakes and smoothies, and drink one every morning. The recipes are every-changing, sometimes I forgo the protein and blend up nothing but fruits and veggies. They taste so good and keep me from grabbing unhealthy snacks because they are so filling.
- Collagen Peptides – Even when I don’t use protein powders in my smoothies, I always use Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. Collagen is good for bone density (especially since I don’t really drink milk), and it is great for hair, skin and nails too.
- adidas x Stella Mc Cartney Sneakers – Whether I am at home or on vacation, I always have a pair of running shoes. I like to jump rope and do sprints, and so having my sneakers handy is a must. I like Stella Mc Cartney’s collaboration with adidas, because she creates her line with sustainability in mind.
- Wireless Headphones – If I had a dollar for every time that I sent my phone flying because of a workout move I could retire. Wireless headphones are a godsend because they let me crank up my music without worrying that I am going to crack my screen.
- Cute Gym Clothes – Even though I am working out at home or on vacation, I still like to rock cute clothes. I find that cute gyms clothes make me work harder. Don’t ask me.
- Boxing Mits + Gloves – I love to box. Like, a lot. So having mitts and practice gloves for my house and to take with me on trips when I want to is super fun. There is nothing like working the mitts to get your heart rate up.
- Jump Rope – I love to jump rope. I read somewhere that 10 minutes of jump rope is the equivalent of 30 minutes on a treadmill. Its such a great full body workout and you can literally take a jump rope anywhere.
- Reusable Water Bottle – I am really doing my best to eliminate plastic, and so a reusable water bottle for me is a must. I love s’well water bottles because they are insulated and keep my water cold for extended periods of time. Plus they have so many cute prints to choose from!
What is the brand of wireless headphones you use? I couldn’t find it off the link on amazon.
Chic & Disheveled
Hi Whitney! First off, thank you so much for stopping by the blog! Currently I have a pair of Revolve Ear buds which I am not a huge fan of because the speakers start to crackle after a few months of using them to workout, so I will not recommend them (LOL) but everything else about them is great, so here is another similar pair that I have linked for you from Amazon that has great reviews and is the one from my blog post (https://rstyle.me/+-ovRmgkJclSIHzalHTLs7g), but I have to admit, I am thinking about getting some Apple Air Pods. My main concern is that I run and row a ton so I want to make sure that they don’t fall out! I’ll report back when I make the switch. xx, Jess