Lately, I have been spending a lot of time in Springville working (and working out) at home. Since my honey and I are trying to reduce our carbon footprint, we only have one car and it has been a real adjustment.
I am one of those people that just has to workout. If I don’t, I am super grouchy, have lower self-esteem and just feel icky. No bueno. The first few weeks were a bit rough. It was too cold and snowy to go outside, and my gym is miles away. At first, I was like “OHMYGOD…how am I going to workout? I miss the gym…I miss my spin class and my reformer.” But then, after I took a few deep breaths, I realized that a majority of my own personal workout routines can be done anywhere!
It took some getting used to because I am such a gym and outdoor kind of person, but with the right playlist I was sweating in no time! Today, I am sharing a peek into my at-home workout bag. It has all of the essentials to help you have a killer workout at home, on vacation, on a work trip and more!
- Yellow Willow Yoga Mat – I love this mat because it is perfect for all kinds of yoga, from vinyasa flow to bikrim. The texture of the mat is non-slip, similar to the yoga towels I used to use, so now instead of having to lug an extra towel which I have to wash, I just use this. I also love that the mat is bio-degradable!
- Peach Bands + Discs – I love resistance bands because the are super transportable, and they can give you one heck of a workout! There are all sorts of YouTube videos for full body workouts which helps me keep things from getting boring.
- Smart Watch – I don’t know why, but getting little reminders throughout the day to breathe and stand up, really helps. I get so glued to my computer that I lose track of time. A smart watch is also a great way to gauge my activity level, so I can track my progress towards my goals.
- Shaker Bottle – I love protein shakes and smoothies, and drink one every morning. The recipes are every-changing, sometimes I forgo the protein and blend up nothing but fruits and veggies. They taste so good and keep me from grabbing unhealthy snacks because they are so filling.
- Collagen Peptides – Even when I don’t use protein powders in my smoothies, I always use Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. Collagen is good for bone density (especially since I don’t really drink milk), and it is great for hair, skin and nails too.
- adidas x Stella Mc Cartney Sneakers – Whether I am at home or on vacation, I always have a pair of running shoes. I like to jump rope and do sprints, and so having my sneakers handy is a must. I like Stella Mc Cartney’s collaboration with adidas, because she creates her line with sustainability in mind.
- Wireless Headphones – If I had a dollar for every time that I sent my phone flying because of a workout move I could retire. Wireless headphones are a godsend because they let me crank up my music without worrying that I am going to crack my screen.
- Cute Gym Clothes – Even though I am working out at home or on vacation, I still like to rock cute clothes. I find that cute gyms clothes make me work harder. Don’t ask me.
- Boxing Mits + Gloves – I love to box. Like, a lot. So having mitts and practice gloves for my house and to take with me on trips when I want to is super fun. There is nothing like working the mitts to get your heart rate up.
- Jump Rope – I love to jump rope. I read somewhere that 10 minutes of jump rope is the equivalent of 30 minutes on a treadmill. Its such a great full body workout and you can literally take a jump rope anywhere.
- Reusable Water Bottle – I am really doing my best to eliminate plastic, and so a reusable water bottle for me is a must. I love s’well water bottles because they are insulated and keep my water cold for extended periods of time. Plus they have so many cute prints to choose from!